Main focus area: Lower back and legs.
Why do this?
Inverse flutter kicks strengthen the lower back, glutes and hamstring. It’s a good exercise for people who want to develop an allround strong core and people who work in an office all day. Sitting at a desk all day stretches the glutes and lower back making them weaker. This is one of the main causes for back pain and injuries. This exercise helps to remedy that.
How to do this?
- Lie face down on a bench with your hips on the edge, hold onto the bench with your hands.
- Allow your legs and toes hang down.
- Draw your abs in, squeeze your glutes and hamstrings.
- Kick each back and up while keeping your hips on the bench.
- Alternate kicking each leg.
How to vary?
Increase difficulty: Raise your legs as high as you can and hold them at the highest position for one or two counts.
Decrease difficulty: Don’t raise your legs too high but keep tension on your glutes and hamstrings.