Have you ever wondered why you do what you do? Why do you finish some things or become great at it, while you start other stuff but never finish or develop meaningful skill in it? There’s a name for it and it’s recognized by seeveral terms such as:
- Character strength
If you have trouble finding out what you want to do in life and why you want it. Then the character strength test helps to give you insight in what drives you and what makes you tick.
I did the test and my top three strengths are as follows:
- Hope [optimism, future-mindedness, future orientation]: Expecting the best in the future and working to achieve it; believing that a good future is something that can be brought about.
- Honesty [authenticity, integrity]: Speaking the truth but more broadly presenting oneself in a genuine way and acting in a sincere way; being without pretense; taking responsibility for one’s feelings and actions.
- Fairness: Treating all people the same according to notions of fairness and justice; not letting personal feelings bias decisions about others; giving everyone a fair chance.
In a practical sense these strengths come to bear in the following things I do:
- Hope: The workouts I do and the people I train is all for developing a long-lasting athletic physique, like the spartans have (had). Next to that I help people through seminars in creating a better version of themselves so that they can find all the happiness they deserve. I believe that with each passing day I become better in everything I do and in everything I desire to master.
- Honesty: I was brought up with the notion that for every action I commit to do, I bear the responsibility for the consequence, for better or worse. I find people who ‘walk the walk’ much more impressivve than people who ‘talk the talk’. I realise that a fair amount of bullshit is necessary to get along socially because not everyone has honesty as a great strength. But I desire to be as honest as I can and stay true to my principles.
- Fairness: With my workout I lead a very diverse group of people. In fact I have nearly the whole world represented in the people I train. I love that so many people with such different backgrounds and looks basically want the same thing: To be happy, have good times together and do something for a worthy ideal. I desire to support everyone equally as it makes my life easy if I don’t need to filter people based on appearances, believes and backgrounds.
Good luck my friend!